- The Millions : One Fixed Point: “Sherlock,” Sherlock Holmes, and the British Imagination
- Why we love Sherlock.
(tags: sherlock sherlock-holmes britain television books)
- 13 reasons why I am taking the Daily Mail to the Press Complaints Commission | British InfluenceBritish Influence
- The Heil lied about Romanian immigration to the UK. This isn’t that surprising, but it’s nice to see someone do the research to prove it.
(tags: dailymail fail journalism lies uk romania immigration politics)
- The Descent to C
- Simon Tatham introduces C to people who’ve only worked in high level languages, the innocent little darlings. You ‘ad array bounds checking? You were lucky!
(tags: C programming language)
- The Liberal Democrats face a true test of liberty | Nick Cohen | Comment is free | The Observer
- “The real scandal in the Liberal Democrats is not leading the news. Extremists are menacing the career and life of a Liberal Democrat politician and respectable society hardly considers these authentically scandalous threats to be a scandal at all. The scandal, in short, is that there is no scandal.”
(tags: islam libdems liberal-democrats nick-clegg islamism freedom twitter mohammed)
- The Millions : Read Me! Please!: Book Titles Rewritten to Get More Clicks
- Classic literature titles re-written as those click-bait headlines you see spreading around Facebook: “They Told Him White Whales Were Impossible to Hunt. That’s When He Went Literally Crazy.” Via marn.
(tags: creative funny literature parody)