- I had a couple drinks and woke up with 1,000 nerds (This really touched me)
- Nostalgia overload as a bloke sets up a Linux box and gives his friends (and then randoms from the Internet) accounts, like what we did with our college Internet connections in the mid 90s.Remember Pine?
(tags: unix tilde community history)
- A Parable On Obsolete Ideologies – Less Wrong
- Yvain/Scott Alexander on why it might be a bad idea to continue to espouse a belief in God, the Devil and whatnot while having a sort of private understanding of what that means, even if that understanding is more palatable than the original theology.
(tags: psychology religion rationality hitler)
- The Definitive History Of The West Wing
- (tags: west-wing aaron-sorkin television politics)
- The Fox Trot in the Jazz Age – YouTube
- What they called Foxtrot in the 1920s was rather different to the modern ballroom version.
(tags: dancing foxtrot jazz)
- Jazz Age Ballroom Dancing (“The Modern Dances”) | Mass Historia
- A set of web pages on the Jazz Age ballroom dances.
(tags: 1930s 1920s dance jazz foxtrot ballroom)
- Take The A Train
- The AABA structure of “Take the A Train” illustrated in a neat little presentation which tracks the music.
(tags: jazz music)