- The King of the Ferret Leggers | Outside Online
- “One can only wonder what suffering might have been avoided if the Argentine junta had been informed that sportsmen in England put down their pants animals that are known only for their astonishingly powerful bites and their penchant for insinuating themselves into small dark holes. Perhaps the generals would have reconsidered their actions on the Falklands.”
(tags: ferrets barnsley yorkshire funny)
- I’ve got questions about the Rainbow Cinematic Universe | Den of Geek
- A critique of the problems with the world building in Rainbow. “Rod, Jane and Freddy seem to live everywhere and nowhere all at once, a bit like God or The Littlest Hobo.”
(tags: funny rainbow television)
- Children of Magenta – YouTube
- 1997 presentation about the levels of flight deck automation and how to keep out of trouble. Interesting stuff about trusting the automation too far, and how trying to keep it updated when the situation changes is worse than going more manual.
(tags: automation aircraft safety flying)
- How work changed to make us all passionate quitters | Aeon Essays
- Alleges that neoliberalism encourages employees to see themselves as the CEO of “Me, Inc”, always looking for tasks that’ll help them get their next job. Interesting final section about the modern obsession with “passion”.
(tags: capitalism business work economics career)
- Troy Hunt: Introducing 306 Million Freely Downloadable Pwned Passwords
- A service where you can check the clear text (if you trust the site owner) or hash of passwords to see whether they’ve leaked in any of the site hacks over the years.
(tags: security passwords api)
- Operation Luigi: How I hacked my friend without her noticing
- Funny stream of consciousness thing about hacking a friend (with permission). Time to enable 2FA on your stuff, people.
(tags: hacking phishing funny email authentication passwords)
- Steve Dutch: Conservative Cranks and Liberal Meta-Cranks
- What are the differences between cranks on both sides? Conservative ones are generally stupid, liberal ones are clever rationalisers.
(tags: politics cranks conservative liberal)
- The Book of Jeremy Corbyn – The New Yorker
- “And they hearkened unto the word of Jeremy, and believed. For they said unto themselves, Lo, he bringeth unto us the desire of our hearts. He cometh by bicycle, with a helmet upon his head. And he eateth neither flesh nor fowl, according to the Scriptures. For man cannot live by bread alone, but hummus is quite another matter.”
(tags: satire politics bible jeremy-corbyn funny)
- Brexit As Expressed Through The Medium Of Aliens Quotes.: gonzo21
- “Newt: We’d better get back ’cause it’ll be dark soon and Theresa May mostly comes at night. Mostly.”
- Bit Twiddling Hacks
- A collection of code snippets for doing useful things (sign extension, determine whether a number is a power of two, and so on).
(tags: bit-twiddling programming algorithms c hacks twiddling)
- Anti-Brexit traitors outed on twitter
- UKIP voters in “shit thick” shocker. Also features Louise Mensch.
(tags: twitter ukip funny brexit satire)
- Horse! | Start here: See horse, Say Horse! – The Rules of Horse!
(tags: funny game horse)