Skip to content
- How an Abstinence Pledge in the ’90s Shamed a Generation of Evangelicals – The New York Times
- The Christian “purity” movement promoted a strict view of abstinence before marriage. But two decades later, some followers are grappling with unforeseen aftershocks.
(tags: evangelicalism sex purity)
- How the beach ‘super-spreader’ myth may have hampered UK Covid reaction | World news | The Guardian
- “News that no outbreaks were linked to beach trips highlights important message about outdoor transmission, says expert”
(tags: pandemic coronavirus beach science)
- Kate Bingham: Why UK strategy on Covid vaccines has been a great success – la Repubblica
- “An exclusive interview by “Die Welt” and “La Repubblica” to the former Chair of the UK Government’s Vaccine Taskforce: what Boris Johnson said when he appointed her, the secrets of UK success, what Britain did and the EU didn’t, the “fake news” of doses from Germany to Britain, the future of Coronavirus vaccines, what she thinks of Sputnik, the role of Sir Patrick Vallance, why it’s correct to delay the second dose, why a global response is the only answer and why manufacturing vaccines is so complicated: “You do not build a racing car from scratch in 6 hours””
(tags: vaccination vaccine covid19 pandemic medicine)
- How I cut GTA Online loading times by 70%
- Good writeup of another possible entry in the Accidentally Quadratic tumblr (though that itself hasn’t been updated for a while).
(tags: games performance programming quadratic)
- Harry and Meghan: The union of two great houses, the Windsors and the Celebrities, is complete
- Brutal and hilarious article.
(tags: ireland britain monarchy)
- A response to: on the safety of women – Dr Reka Solymosi
- Seeing less serious incidents of harrassment with a “near miss” mindset as used in safety critical industries.
(tags: sexism safety)