- Hume is the amiable, modest, generous philosopher we need today | Aeon Essays
- Hume believed we were nothing more or less than human: that’s why he’s the amiable, modest, generous philosopher we need now
(tags: philosophy hume)
- In Britain, Austerity Is Changing Everything – The New York Times
- “Whatever the operative thinking, austerity’s manifestations are palpable and omnipresent. It has refashioned British society, making it less like the rest of Western Europe, with its generous social safety nets and egalitarian ethos, and more like the United States, where millions lack health care and job loss can set off a precipitous plunge in fortunes.”
(tags: money poverty austerity politics)
- Ask HN: Which books have made you introspect? | Hacker News
- Someone does mention Jordan Peterson the woo-meister, but the rest sound interesting.
(tags: books introspection philosophy)
- Doc Searls Weblog · GDPR will pop the adtech bubble
- Interesting distinction between adtech and advertising.
(tags: gdpr advertising law privacy)
- Johnny Ryan on Twitter: “Facebook is confronting EU users a new “terms of service” dialogue that denies access until a user opt-ins to tracking for ad targeting, and various other data processing purposes…… https://t.co/Ymn0dvVTfO”
- Facebook is breaking the GDPR: you can’t require people to consent to use of their personal data if it’s not required to perform whatever service you’re performing.
(tags: facebook gdpr privacy law)