Skip to content
- Why The Daily Mail is Evil (at The @PodDelusion’s 3rd birthday do) by Martin Robbins – YouTube
- Yes, it’s doing the rounds, but it’s still good.
(tags: paper mail journalism daily-mail newspaper)
- The SCP Foundation
- Descriptions of strange and horrifying objects being held by a secret organisation. If you liked Stross’s Laundry stuff, you might like this. Time sink warning, there are lots of them. Looks like it’s a collaboration using a wiki.
(tags: lovecraft sci-fi wiki science-fiction horror)
- Windows 95 Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks
- Lovecraftian Windows 95 dialogs: “It’s never safe to turn off your computer.”
(tags: computers horror lovecraft win95 funny windows)
- Is Irish Law to blame for the death of Savita?
- “In December 2010, the Irish government was told by the European Court of Human Rights to deal with exactly this kind of situation, either by making legislative changes or by issuing clear guidelines which acted to remove any and all ambiguities surround the question of when doctors are required to carry out terminations in order to save women’s lives.
To date, it has done nothing, largely, it seems, because Ireland’s anti-abortion lobby, and the Roman Catholic Church (naturally) have spent the last two years or so trying to shout down any notion that an abortion may be necessary to save a woman’s life in any circumstances.
What this sad case proves, definitively, is that they are lying and the real tragedy here is not just that a woman has died because they were lying but that woman has had to die, unnecessarily and in excruciating pain, to prove them wrong.”
(tags: medicine religion catholicism ireland law abortion)
- Pelican Development Blog
- Pelican is a Python static blog generator which works with Markdown. Looks nice. There’s also Calepin.co, which is a service that’ll publish your blog if you stick it in your Dropbox. Will I finally leave LJ? Maybe…
(tags: markdown software blog python)
- Alex Gabriel // P.E. lessons ruined how I felt about myself
- “P.E. lessons made me feel that my body belonged to someone else.” “I don’t believe [fitness] is really the motivation. If it were, why object, as Cameron does, to ‘Indian dance, or whatever’?” Obviously it’s worse if you’re out as gay, as Alex was, but this all sounds a bit familiar. PE certainly put me off exercise, and were it not for dancing restoring my confidence, I’d probably be in a much worse physical state.
(tags: health fitness sport school education physical-education PE)