- How to exploit a double free vulnerability in 2021. ‘Use After Free for Dummies’
- An application of that “volatile doesn’t fix your problems” blog, in part: ARM CPUs with out of order execution were a big part of this exploit.
(tags: programming exploit volatile)
- What is Strict Aliasing and Why do we Care? · GitHub
- More type punning worries.
(tags: aliasing c programming punning)
- How I cut GTA Online loading times by 70%
- Good writeup of another possible entry in the Accidentally Quadratic tumblr (though that itself hasn’t been updated for a while).
(tags: games performance programming quadratic)
- Harry and Meghan: The union of two great houses, the Windsors and the Celebrities, is complete
- Brutal and hilarious article.
(tags: ireland britain monarchy)
- A response to: on the safety of women – Dr Reka Solymosi
- Seeing less serious incidents of harrassment with a “near miss” mindset as used in safety critical industries.
(tags: sexism safety)
- Using Vim for C++ development
- dreamwidth as vindication of a few cherished theories
- DW’s co-creator on how to make a successful open source project. Via brainwane.
(tags: dreamwidth open-source)
- Sync Any Folder to OneDrive in Windows 10 | Tutorials
- Make a symlink from the OneDrive folder to the thing you want to sync.
(tags: onedrive backup)
- Principles for the Application of Human Intelligence – Behavioral Scientist
- “Before humans become the standard way in which we make decisions, we need to consider the risks and ensure implementation of human decision-making systems does not cause widespread harm.”
(tags: artificial-intelligence ai psychology parody)
- A Decade of Vim
- Some interesting looking Vim screencasts.
(tags: vim editor programming)
- TinyPilot: Build a KVM Over IP for Under $100 · mtlynch.io
- A remote keyboard and monitor with a Raspberry Pi.
(tags: kvm pi server programming)
- danyspin97’s site – Colorize your CLI
- More colours are good.
(tags: shell tutorial colour)
- The Korean Playbook for COVID-19 (Translated) | by Indi Samarajiva | indica | Medium
- Age of Attention – SDr
- “A leverage point in avoiding toxoplasma, is the bridge people: people who are being rewarded for taking offense, and therefore select for the worst possible behavior of the outgroup. These people act as stressors, specifically triggering ideations of worst-case-scenarios. The fix here is removing these people from your feeds/circles of influence.”
(tags: toxoplasma internet rage social-networks)
- Imperial College simulation code for COVID-19 | Clive Best
- In which someone runs the code, and it seems to work reasonably well.
(tags: covid19 simulation model mathematics programming)
- The Imperial College code | …and Then There’s Physics
- Someone else ran it too.
(tags: covid19 simulation model)
- Jared Yates Sexton on Twitter: “PLEASE. Tell people about this. I’m going to provide some history of Neo-Confederate, white-identity, apocalyptic evangelicalism, what I call the Cult of the Shining City. This is who Donald Trump was messaging yesterday wi
- some history of Neo-Confederate, white-identity, apocalyptic evangelicalism, what I call the Cult of the Shining City.
(tags: christianity politics usa evangelicalism)