- Britain in 2010: More tolerant, more Conservative, but less likely to vote | Society | The Guardian
- British attitudes getting more socially liberal but more economically right wing.
(tags: politics survey economnics society labour conservatives)
- BBC – Mark Easton’s UK: Conservative estimates on violence
- Is the UK really broken?
(tags: badscience society politics statistics crime violence murder knife)
- LRB · Anne Enright · Diary
- Iris Robinson, madness, corruption and Protestantism. Anne Enright's stark, evocative article on the latest turn in Northern Irish politics.
(tags: psychology corruption politics depression religion ireland iris-robinson)
- Suffering and the vain quest for significance – Paula Kirby
- Haiti and theodicy: "The idea that any of this has anything at all to do with us, that it was created with us in mind, or that our 'sinfulness' has had any effect whatsoever on the majestic, monumental and utterly indifferent laws of physics, is egotism of the highest order."
(tags: haiti theodicy religion suffering earthquake christianity)