As 2009 is nearly over, here’s a selection of what I think are my best posts this year:
- On doubt: the post which got the most comments this year. Answers to questions various big name Christians like to ask atheists, and a question for the audience: what should I doubt?
- Belief in cats: or rather, belief in belief: are “beliefs” really propositions people accept? Should we take people at their word when they tell us what they believe?
- Religion and cartography or I Was a Teenage Theistic Evolutionist”: is evolution really incompatible with Christianity? Yes and no.
- Evangelism training or I Was a Teenage Evangelical: how evangelicals are trained to evangelise, what they think is wrong with non-Christians, and how to respond.
- What is faith?: and is it a virtue? How the word is used by Christians and atheists. How making faith into a “relationship” makes it harder to discard incorrect beliefs.
- Dawkins: a bit like Jesus: how those people who convert to Christianity were Not True Atheists. A parody of certain Christian responses to de-converts.
- Pining for the fjords or I Was A Twentysomething Matt Redman Fan: belief in belief again. The Kara Neumann case, and why most Christians won’t do what the Neumanns did.
- Losing My Religion or The Truth About CICCU: talk to CUAAS: I spoke to the Cambridge University Atheist and Agnostic Society in October. My notes cover a lot of the reasons why I’m not a Christian, in brief, and also some stuff about what life was like when I was one.
See you in 2010.