- Keeps entries in text files. I fear databases.
- Seems to have a better security record than WordPress.
- In Python, so hackable and I’d feel I’d have some hope of understanding what it’s doing (WordPress is in PHP).
Advantages of WordPress over PyBlosxom:
- Very active developer community, so lots of nice plugins. (PyBlosxom isn’t abandoned but doesn’t have so many people working on it).
- More themes, some of which are pretty (PyBlosxom has a few themes in their repository, none of which are that pretty).
Anyone who’s used either of those care to comment?