- The Open-Office Trap : The New Yorker
- Open offices are horrible. Shame I work in one at the moment.
(tags: office productivity work space)
- Goodnight. Sleep Clean. – NYTimes.com
- Sleep is for your cerebral fluid to clear away the accumulated junk. Maybe.
(tags: sleep insomnia brain neuroscience)
- What is frame?
- “My best definition is that its a social convention for how we hold our bodies so our partner knows where we are in space.” I like 619shepard’s comment because it’s less about modelling people as springs and more about how there are conventions which are taught (some of which will involve behaving like a mass on a spring some of the time, to be sure).
(tags: frame dancing lindy lindyhop reddit swing)
- Bill Nye tests the benefits of swing dancing – latimes.com
- Bill Nye the Science Guy is a swing dancer. He extols the virtues of dancing in a short interview.
(tags: bill-nye science lindy lindyhop dancing swing fitness)
- RDFRS: Secular VIP of the Week: God on Facebook
- The man who plays God on Facebook. I’ve already Liked the page: it’s funny to see him responding to religious people who get offended, usually with much more grace than they show him.
(tags: god facebook funny comedy)
- Chris Hadfield: out of this world | Science | The Guardian
- The Guardian interview with Chris Hadfield, on going into space and getting on with life aftewards. Via Mefi.
(tags: chris-hadfield iss space)
- The 29 Stages Of A Twitterstorm
- Tells it how it is.
(tags: twitter controversy funny storm satire)
- Age-ism, Transhumanism, and Silicon Valley’s Cognitive Dissonance — Better Humans — Medium
- “If you’re irrelevant at thirty, why live forever?”
(tags: silicon-valley ageism transhumanism aging)
- Ken Auletta: Can the Guardian Take Its Aggressive Investigations Global? : The New Yorker
- The NYT looks at the history of the Graun and its recent scoops (the NSA files). Apparently the paper is running out of money. 🙁
(tags: journalism nsa surveillance guardian edward-snowden internet gchq newspaper)
- Hard Sci-Fi Movies (HardSciFiMovies) on Twitter
- Hard SF plots from Twitter. Via AndrewDucker.
(tags: science-fiction scifi movies funny space)
- Saint Paul says shit
- Although you won’t find many English translations admitting it (try the Vulgate).
(tags: philipians paul st-paul bible language shit)
- Reverse Engineering a D-Link Backdoor – /dev/ttyS0
- Interesting post on using a disassembler to find a backdoor someone left in a bunch of D-Link routers.
(tags: dlink backdoor programming hacking router)