- Simulating Religion: A Christian takes stock of Silicon Valley’s rationalist community by Alexi Sargeant
- A Christian takes stock of Silicon Valley’s rationalist community
(tags: lesswrong rationalism eliezer-yudkowsky Christianity philosophy transhumanism)
- How evolutionary biology makes everyone an existentialist | Aeon Essays
- “Each variant of human desire is ‘natural’, not in the sense of being required, but only of being made possible by nature. And it is in what nature makes possible, not in what it necessitates, that we should look for the answer to the question about what we should be or do.”
(tags: philosophy ethics existentialism evolution biology)
- Notes from the Intelpocalypse [LWN.net]
- A good, reasonably technical, summary of the Spectre and Meltdown attacks.
(tags: cpu hardware spectre meltdown security intel)
- Modern Microprocessors – A 90 Minute Guide!
- Nice article about how modern microprocessors work.
(tags: microprocessor cpu hardware memory cache)
- The Aural Majority: Do You Want to Swing, Virginia?
- What makes music swing? With sound samples.
(tags: swing music shuffle rhythm)
- Our quantum reality problem – Adrian Kent – Aeon
- An article about quantum theory and the philosophy of science.
(tags: physics quantum research philosophy science everrett)
- Printable True Bugs Wait Posters | natashenka
- Abstain from strcpy! Wait for the string handling functions which are right for you.
(tags: programming funny security bugs C stdlib)
- Swing 101 — Etiquette & Floorcraft | Swungover*
- Mr Darcy gives some etiquette tips.
(tags: dancing lindy floorcraft etiquette lindyhop)
- The Slow Winter
- A lament that the low hanging fruit in processor design has gone, but done in a crazy discursive way with SENTENCES IN CAPS. Fun.
(tags: moores-law hardware funny usenix digits processors)