- I kveld med YLVIS – «Stonehenge» – YouTube
- This is epic.
(tags: video funny stonehenge)
- Index of /nelhage/Public/condition-echo-blueshift/case-nightmare-green
- Someone’s LARP rules for a game based on Charles Stross’s Laundry books.
(tags: laundry roleplaying charles-stross horror cthulhu larp)
- Arthur Recreates Scenes from Classic Movies
- So cute! I like the Close Encounters one.
(tags: funny baby movies cinema pictures)
- Why We Haven’t Met Any Aliens § SEEDMAGAZINE.COM
- They're too busy playing computer games. Wasn't that the explanation in Charles Stross's "Accelerando", too?
(tags: evolution aliens alien fermi science psychology space future)
- Metamagician and the Hellfire Club: If I could lead the cat herd
- "I were leading the cat herd, I'd like to stress that the problem isn't so much religion in itself, or even the Abrahamic tradition in itself. It is, first, the many deplorable elements – the apocalypticism, totalitarianism, sexist, puritanism, intolerance, etc. – that are so prevalent in the Abrahamic holy books and traditions. But it is not every single element of those traditions."
(tags: religion karen-armstrong russell-blackford sam-harris)
- HOSTAGES RESCUED BY COURAGEOUS RACIST The First-Person Observer:
- “He threw one grenade but dropped, like, twenty N-Bombs". Via Metafilter.
(tags: humour games first-person fps counterstrike racism)
- We got Rage Against the Machine to #1, we can get the Lib Dems into office!
- A long shot, but you never know, I suppose…
(tags: politics election liberal liberal-democrats uk funny)
- Facebook | I Blame Monotheism For The Earthquakes, Volcanoes And Global Climate Change
- The old gods are not amused!
(tags: religion earthquake volcano climate cthulhu quetzalcoatl)
- Commons library research note on hung parliaments
- or "How Hung Parliaments Work". Via Ben Goldacre.
(tags: government law politics research uk election parliament system:filetype:pdf system:media:document)
At this time of year, my thoughts are inevitably drawn towards the time when He will return. Here’s a video which I hope will explain what I mean, which you should all take a moment to view. If you have any questions, this leaflet should help to answer them, or you could see my previous posting on the subject.
A very Merry Christmas to all my readers!
Edited to add: if you enjoyed that, you’ll probably enjoy the rest: we were listening to them while putting the tree up.
I recall reading the description of CUWoCS in the Freshers’ Handbook a decade or so ago. Like many religions, they said, we believe that our god will return and condemn people to horrible torture; unlike other religions, however, we don’t claim that this somehow means our god is good.
I mention this partly because there’s a bit more discussion on C.S. Lewis and Timothy Keller’s view on Hell in a thread on my last posting.
However, I mention Great Cthulhu because of a vision that has been given to, no, vouchsafed unto, me, of the time when the Stars are Right and He returns. You can see the full horror. This is a stark reminder of the choice we all face: who will be eaten first?
Thanks to scribb1e, the D&Ders, and the Cthulhu Crochet blog.