- ISIS and the Lonely Young American – The New York Times
- The NYT has a story about radical Muslims attempting to convert an American Christian and convince her to travel to join them in Syria, all done via the Internet, mainly Twitter and Skype.
(tags: isis islam internet twitter religion radicalisation)
- Start-up Costs: ‘Silicon Valley,’ ‘Halt and Catch Fire,’ and How Microserfdom Ate the World «
- It’s 20 years since “Microserfs” was published. Here’s an article looking at the changing portrayals of the tech industry in fiction, from Microserf’s optimism to a more cynical view today.
(tags: microserfs douglas-coupland technology silicon-valley programming)
- A Quite Long Review of Edward Feser’s Aquinas: A Beginner’s Guide | Thing of Things
- Ozy reads Edward Feser so you don’t have to.
(tags: aquinas thomist edward-feser metaphysics teleology causality)
- Cause And Effect: The Revolutionary New Statistical Test That Can Tease Them Apart — The Physics arXiv Blog — Medium
- Correlation is causation, sort of.
(tags: statistics causality arxiv noise mathematics)
- Why IS liberal Protestantism dying, anyway?
- Religions/denominations which are stricter in their requirements for adherents actually do better.
(tags: religion anthropology psychology)