- How to avoid being sucked into a toxic internet subculture – Rintrah
- 5 signs to look out for
(tags: internet subculture politics psychology)
- EU Law Analysis: Freedom to insult? Balancing freedom of expression with religious tolerance in ECHR case law
- “A recent judgment of the European Court of Human Rights has raised again the question of whether there should be limits on free speech when someone might be offended by it – in this case, concerning the Muslim faith. It’s a good opportunity to explain the context of the case and assess what – if any – limits should be acceptable on free speech in such cases.”
(tags: EU law free-speech islam)
- These Are the Bad Times – Hmm Daily
- “Our public conversation misses the fundamental point. The warnings and the rebuttals to the warnings have revolved around the drastic, epochal historical questions: Is this what it was like with the Nazis? Are we becoming the Third Reich? Is that where we’re headed?
- Everything you need to know about the final weeks of Brexit in five minutes
- Things are about to get interesting.
(tags: brexit politics europe doom)
- Hume is the amiable, modest, generous philosopher we need today | Aeon Essays
- Hume believed we were nothing more or less than human: that’s why he’s the amiable, modest, generous philosopher we need now
(tags: philosophy hume)