- ISIS and the Lonely Young American – The New York Times
- The NYT has a story about radical Muslims attempting to convert an American Christian and convince her to travel to join them in Syria, all done via the Internet, mainly Twitter and Skype.
(tags: isis islam internet twitter religion radicalisation)
- Start-up Costs: ‘Silicon Valley,’ ‘Halt and Catch Fire,’ and How Microserfdom Ate the World «
- It’s 20 years since “Microserfs” was published. Here’s an article looking at the changing portrayals of the tech industry in fiction, from Microserf’s optimism to a more cynical view today.
(tags: microserfs douglas-coupland technology silicon-valley programming)
- A Quite Long Review of Edward Feser’s Aquinas: A Beginner’s Guide | Thing of Things
- Ozy reads Edward Feser so you don’t have to.
(tags: aquinas thomist edward-feser metaphysics teleology causality)
- The 29 Stages Of A Twitterstorm
- Tells it how it is.
(tags: twitter controversy funny storm satire)
- Age-ism, Transhumanism, and Silicon Valley’s Cognitive Dissonance — Better Humans — Medium
- “If you’re irrelevant at thirty, why live forever?”
(tags: silicon-valley ageism transhumanism aging)
- Ken Auletta: Can the Guardian Take Its Aggressive Investigations Global? : The New Yorker
- The NYT looks at the history of the Graun and its recent scoops (the NSA files). Apparently the paper is running out of money. 🙁
(tags: journalism nsa surveillance guardian edward-snowden internet gchq newspaper)
- Hard Sci-Fi Movies (HardSciFiMovies) on Twitter
- Hard SF plots from Twitter. Via AndrewDucker.
(tags: science-fiction scifi movies funny space)
- Saint Paul says shit
- Although you won’t find many English translations admitting it (try the Vulgate).
(tags: philipians paul st-paul bible language shit)
- Reverse Engineering a D-Link Backdoor – /dev/ttyS0
- Interesting post on using a disassembler to find a backdoor someone left in a bunch of D-Link routers.
(tags: dlink backdoor programming hacking router)