- Who Will Command The Robot Armies?
- Funny and worrying talk. Pinboard is always good for “Internet of shit” stories, but has a wider point here.
(tags: robots facebook twitter amazon work po politics surveillance technology automation iot)
- Ur-Fascism | by Umberto Eco | The New York Review of Books
- What are the common features of anything worth calling Fascism?
(tags: history politics fascism italy world-war-II)
- Robot makes people feel like a ghost is nearby | Science/AAAS | News
- You can induce sensed presences by having a robot poke you in the back.
(tags: emotions ghosts robots psychology)
- Philosophical Disquisitions: Is there a defensible atheistic account of moral values?
- Maybe, or at least, it’s as good as a popular theistic account.
(tags: morality metaethics atheism william lane craig)
- Strange Horizons Articles: A Few Questions About the Culture: An Interview with Iain Banks, by Jude Roberts
- An old, but recently published, interview with the Iain M Banks. Via andrewducker.
(tags: iain-m-banks culture interview sci-fi science-fiction)
- Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? The Uncertain Biological Basis of Morality – Robert Wright – The Atlantic
- “Squaring recent research suggesting we’re “naturally moral” with all the strife in the world.”
(tags: morality science evolution utilitarianism joshua-greene trolley-problem)
- Djina Unchained
- A social justice blogger. I think it’s a parody, but it’s hard to be sure.
(tags: sjw social-justice privilege tumblr patriarchy feminism)
- The cult of Cthulhu: real prayer for a fake tentacle | The Verge
- Someone published a Necronomicon. I never knew that.
(tags: necronomicon h.p.-lovecraft fiction magic horror aleister-crowley)
- Waterstones’s social stories · Storify
- Turns out Twitter is useful for something after all. Waterstones (the bookshop) in Oxford Street have been writing short stories with theirs. I liked “Quantum Leap”.
(tags: twitter waterstones oxford-street books bookshop funny fiction storify)
- Burkhard Bilger: Inside Google’s Driverless Car : The New Yorker
- The engineers behind Google’s driveless car.
(tags: google cars robots automotive driveless artificial-intelligence)