- THE EXPLODING TOILET and Other Memories
- "And in one of those dreaded realizations pilots are advised to avoid, that insulation between cockpit calm and atmospheric anarchy looks thin indeed. An extrapolated horror: the riveted aluminum planks bending apart, the wind rushing in, explosive depressurization, death, the first airliner — no, the first vehicle — in history to crash because of an overflowing toilet." This guy tells a good story. Via marnanel
(tags: flying toilet pilot aircraft funny)
- Secrets of FBI Smartphone Surveillance Tool Revealed in Court Fight | Threat Level | Wired.com
- by a court case. Those guys have some nice kit.
(tags: eavesdropping FBI spying bugging surveillance interception)
- The Boston Marathon Bombing: Keep Calm and Carry On – Bruce Schneier – The Atlantic
- "But our brains are fooling us. Even though this will be in the news for weeks, we should recognize this for what it is: a rare event. That’s the very definition of news: something that is unusual — in this case, something that almost never happens. "
(tags: terrorism bruce-schneier security)
- PSA: Ignore the news – Charlie’s Diary
- The reading the news is bad for you: a timely reminder.
(tags: television news tv media charles-stross)