- Gears – Bartosz Ciechanowski
- Cool gear animations and explanations of how they work.
(tags: animation engineering physics mechanics)
- How knitters got knotted in a purity spiral – UnHerd
- Yep, knitters. “Purity spiral” is a good name for the runaway effect of only rewarding people who call out others for not being pure enough.
(tags: ethics culture community purity social-justice)
- The science and magic of Lindy Hop | Andy Connelly | Science | theguardian.com
- “Great partner dancers may not know it but they are masters of space, time and Newton’s laws of motion.” Of course we know it: for example, I’ve decided my “dance name” is “The Oncoming Storm”. (I also suspect I know who the Alistair credited at the end is, as he’s a Cambridge person).
(tags: lindy physics dancing lindyhop guardian newton mechanics)
- liv | Against Dawkins
- Is the gene centred view (of which Dawkins is a major proponent) the best one?
(tags: genetics genes richard-dawkins selfish-gene biology science genotype phenotype)