- fabricate – The better build tool. Finds dependencies automatically for any language. – Google Project Hosting
- Make replacement in Python which finds file dependencies by using strace to work out which files the compiler reads.
(tags: python tools build make programming)
- Falsehoods programmers believe about build systems
- Things to bear in mind before starting on your quest to replace Make, especially if you’re writing your own replacement.
(tags: make build programming tools)
- Redo implementation in Python
- djb’s “redo” make-replacement done in Python.
(tags: make coding development programming redo djb python)
- tup | Home
- Another make replacement. This one looks quite neat.
(tags: tools build development tup programming make)
- This Is What It Will Be Like If Scotland Votes For Independence
- Yes, it’s Buzzfeed, but it’s quite funny.
(tags: funny parody news scotland indepedence)
- Implementing non-recursive make
- Recursive makes are considered harmful. Here’s a recipe for a non-recursive one where you can still put project files in subdirectories.
(tags: make programming nonrecursive makefiles build software)
- Embedded in Academia : Proposal for a Friendly Dialect of C
- John Regehr and friends note that C compilers aggressive optimising around use of constructs the spec says are “undefined” can lead to unexpected behaviour. They propose a friendly C dialect where compilers would produce unspecified values in response to use of these constructs, but would not feel free to make demons fly out of your nose.
(tags: C programming language software-engineering)
- The Left must reject the relativism at the heart of the Rotherham scandal | Left Foot Forward
- This, from Al Razi of Ex-Muslim Forum, seems a sensible response, although as the worlds only impartial observer, I’d say that both the class of the victims and the race of both victims and perpetrators contributed to the horrors being ignored for so long. The Guardian will only talk about the former and the Telegraph about the latter, I suspect.
(tags: rotherham abuse religion islam news multiculturalism)