- NSA files decoded: Edward Snowden’s surveillance revelations explained | World news | theguardian.com
- The Guardian’s summary of the story so far. Nicely presented.
(tags: politics snowden nsa surveillance encryption guardian privacy edward-snowden government gchq)
- David Attenborough’s commentary on the mating habits of pop stars on MTV. “Spectacular wattles”. Via jwz.
(tags: mtv twerking nature miley-cyrus funny documentary robin-thicke david-attenborough)
- The Right Match: A Short Documentary – YouTube
- “Drs. Dorry Segev and Sommer Gentry are innovative researchers who connect the complexities of mathematics with the intricacies of organ transplantation.” They came up with using graph theory and integer programming to match up reciprocal kidney donors (that is, where someone wants to donate to their family member but they aren’t compatible, so they swap with another incompatible pair). These guys are also swing dancers, so this came via /r/SwingDancing.
(tags: transplant graph lindyhop swing medicine kidney mathematics science)
- Using Metadata to find Paul Revere – Kieran Healy
- Great stuff.
(tags: paul-revere graph surveillance social-networks matrix maths mathematics metadata)
- Opt out of PRISM, the NSA’s global data surveillance program – PRISM BREAK
- Unlikely that the general public will adopt crypto tools but an interesting list of what’s out there, none the less.
(tags: software tools nsa encryption crypto cryptography tor prism)