- How an Abstinence Pledge in the ’90s Shamed a Generation of Evangelicals – The New York Times
- The Christian “purity” movement promoted a strict view of abstinence before marriage. But two decades later, some followers are grappling with unforeseen aftershocks.
(tags: evangelicalism sex purity)
- Imperial College simulation code for COVID-19 | Clive Best
- In which someone runs the code, and it seems to work reasonably well.
(tags: covid19 simulation model mathematics programming)
- The Imperial College code | …and Then There’s Physics
- Someone else ran it too.
(tags: covid19 simulation model)
- Jared Yates Sexton on Twitter: “PLEASE. Tell people about this. I’m going to provide some history of Neo-Confederate, white-identity, apocalyptic evangelicalism, what I call the Cult of the Shining City. This is who Donald Trump was messaging yesterday wi
- some history of Neo-Confederate, white-identity, apocalyptic evangelicalism, what I call the Cult of the Shining City.
(tags: christianity politics usa evangelicalism)
- QAnon Is More Important Than You Think – The Atlantic
- QAnon conspiracy has the makings of a new religious movement. Fascinating and worrying.
(tags: conspiracy qanon trump evangelicalism)
- The Author of a Best-Selling Abstinence Manifesto Is Sorry. Kind Of. Maybe.
- Joshua Harris reflects on “I Kissed Dating Goodbye”. Didn’t really catch on in the UK when I was an evangelical, as far as I remember. Probably a good thing!
(tags: dating evangelicalism joshua-harris book)