- C++Now 2017: Niko Matsakis “Rust: Hack Without Fear!” – YouTube
- Rust for C++ people (of which I’m not actually one, but it might be interesting anyway).
(tags: rust language programming)
- You Are the Product
- John Lanchester reviews 3 books on Facebook and Google, and comes to the conclusion that Facebook does things because it can, without considering whether it should.
(tags: facebook advertising psychology Internet zuckerberg google)
- The Three Waves of Discworld – An approximation of alertness
- “So I’ve been thinking for a while about the Discworld books, and how they can be divided up into three rough thematic phases; not based around the focal characters, but rather what the story is about.”
(tags: discworld terry-pratchett books fantasy)
- Mister Vimes’d Go Spare | Send in the Zeppelins!
- One of the many online tribute threads for Terry Pratchett lead me to this fanfic about what happened after Sam Vimes died. Good stuff.
(tags: discworld fanfiction vimes gods terry-pratchett)
- Temporary Mailing Lists | Hacking for Christ
- Here’s a rough spec for something I’ve often wanted at work (less the “delete the archive after 2 weeks” part). Anyone seen an implementation of something like this?
(tags: email list ad-hoc)