- How the beach ‘super-spreader’ myth may have hampered UK Covid reaction | World news | The Guardian
- “News that no outbreaks were linked to beach trips highlights important message about outdoor transmission, says expert”
(tags: pandemic coronavirus beach science)
- Kate Bingham: Why UK strategy on Covid vaccines has been a great success – la Repubblica
- “An exclusive interview by “Die Welt” and “La Repubblica” to the former Chair of the UK Government’s Vaccine Taskforce: what Boris Johnson said when he appointed her, the secrets of UK success, what Britain did and the EU didn’t, the “fake news” of doses from Germany to Britain, the future of Coronavirus vaccines, what she thinks of Sputnik, the role of Sir Patrick Vallance, why it’s correct to delay the second dose, why a global response is the only answer and why manufacturing vaccines is so complicated: “You do not build a racing car from scratch in 6 hours””
(tags: vaccination vaccine covid19 pandemic medicine)
- No, 90% Of Coronavirus Tests Are Not ‘False Positives’ And This Is Why | HuffPost UK
- Bayes for the win.
(tags: mathematics covid19 bayes-theorem)
- The UK Government’s Vaccine Taskforce: strategy for protecting the UK and the world – The Lancet
- Covid-19: Do many people have pre-existing immunity? | The BMJ
- Non-bonkers article on pre-existing immunity.
(tags: covid19 coronavirus immunity)
- The importance of Nigel Farage and other political hobgoblins – The Law and Policy Blog
- “Farage is a political hobgoblin.
- The BMJ interview: Chris Whitty, England’s chief medical officer, on covid-19 | The BMJ
- Boris Johnson: The gambler, by Tom Bower book review
- “Boris Johnson: an amoral figure for a bleak, coarse culture
By Rory Stewart” Oof!
(tags: boris-johnson politics)