- What is this thing, called swing? | The Home of Happy Feet
- Daniel Newsome geeks out about music.
(tags: lindyhop swing music jazz beats dance)
- 19 Tips For Everyday Git Use
- Top tips for git
(tags: git software software-engineering tips)
- Scott Aaronson Answers Every Ridiculously Big Question I Throw at Him – Scientific American Blog Network
- A fascinating question and answer session with Aaronson.
(tags: physics quantum scott-aaronson philosophy computation mathematics)
- The Sad Futility of Trying to Stop Planes Crashing | VICE | United Kingdom
- “There’s a rule of thumb when you’re designing a complicated system, which says that when you get to a point where you’re applying fixes to fixes it may be time to step back and reconsider the whole thing.”
(tags: flight 911 aviation terrorism crash cfit security)
- Doing Mathematics Differently | Articles | Inference: International Review of Science
- “Explanation is a form of compression. If a theory is smaller than the data, then in that case, as in so many others, less is more. A successful explanation is a matter of covering a large debt with a much smaller one.”
(tags: mathematics philosophy science computation)
- Apple vs the FBI: Whoever wins, it’s a mess – Franklin Veaux’s Journal
- A good look at the technical detail of what the FBI are asking Apple to do.
(tags: apple FBI security encryption)