- Stewart Lee: The Imaginary Liberal Comedy Cabal will crush the Ukips into dust | Stage | The Guardian
- There is now a cabal.
(tags: ukip stewart-lee comedy humour funny politics cabal)
- The Sixth Stage of Grief Is Retro-computing
- Emulation of old computers and grief over the death of a friend who used them. Via Mefi.
(tags: emulation technology grief nostalgia)
- When Women Stopped Coding : Planet Money : NPR
- I remember seeing a photo of an old-ish computer surrounded by its programming team in the computing museum at Bletchley Park. Most of the team were women. This blog/podcast looks at what happened in the USA.
(tags: women coding computers feminism sexism technology)
- Loyalty and Layoffs | Heart, Mind and Code
- The corporation is not your friend.
(tags: employment loyalty career redundancy layoffs)
- Loyalty and Trust | Heart, Mind and Code
- A more temperate follow up to the “don’t be loyal to the corporation” one, distinguishing loyalty, trust and vulnerability.
(tags: employment layoffs trust vulnerability work loyalty)
- fabricate – The better build tool. Finds dependencies automatically for any language. – Google Project Hosting
- Make replacement in Python which finds file dependencies by using strace to work out which files the compiler reads.
(tags: python tools build make programming)
- Falsehoods programmers believe about build systems
- Things to bear in mind before starting on your quest to replace Make, especially if you’re writing your own replacement.
(tags: make build programming tools)
- Redo implementation in Python
- djb’s “redo” make-replacement done in Python.
(tags: make coding development programming redo djb python)
- tup | Home
- Another make replacement. This one looks quite neat.
(tags: tools build development tup programming make)
- This Is What It Will Be Like If Scotland Votes For Independence
- Yes, it’s Buzzfeed, but it’s quite funny.
(tags: funny parody news scotland indepedence)