- What is Strict Aliasing and Why do we Care? · GitHub
- More type punning worries.
(tags: aliasing c programming punning)
- Type punning isn’t funny: Using pointers to recast in C is bad.
- A common C programming technique (casting between pointers to structures) leads to problems when strict aliasing is turned on (as it is if you set -O2 -O3 in gcc).
(tags: C programming casting punning)
- Type Punning, Strict Aliasing, and Optimization – Embedded in Academia
- More on the type punning/aliasing business.
(tags: C punning aliasing programming)