Skip to content
- I’ve got questions about the Rainbow Cinematic Universe | Den of Geek
- A critique of the problems with the world building in Rainbow. “Rod, Jane and Freddy seem to live everywhere and nowhere all at once, a bit like God or The Littlest Hobo.”
(tags: funny rainbow television)
- Children of Magenta – YouTube
- 1997 presentation about the levels of flight deck automation and how to keep out of trouble. Interesting stuff about trusting the automation too far, and how trying to keep it updated when the situation changes is worse than going more manual.
(tags: automation aircraft safety flying)
- THE EXPLODING TOILET and Other Memories
- "And in one of those dreaded realizations pilots are advised to avoid, that insulation between cockpit calm and atmospheric anarchy looks thin indeed. An extrapolated horror: the riveted aluminum planks bending apart, the wind rushing in, explosive depressurization, death, the first airliner — no, the first vehicle — in history to crash because of an overflowing toilet." This guy tells a good story. Via marnanel
(tags: flying toilet pilot aircraft funny)
- Secrets of FBI Smartphone Surveillance Tool Revealed in Court Fight | Threat Level | Wired.com
- by a court case. Those guys have some nice kit.
(tags: eavesdropping FBI spying bugging surveillance interception)
- The Boston Marathon Bombing: Keep Calm and Carry On – Bruce Schneier – The Atlantic
- "But our brains are fooling us. Even though this will be in the news for weeks, we should recognize this for what it is: a rare event. That’s the very definition of news: something that is unusual — in this case, something that almost never happens. "
(tags: terrorism bruce-schneier security)
- PSA: Ignore the news – Charlie’s Diary
- The reading the news is bad for you: a timely reminder.
(tags: television news tv media charles-stross)