- The 29 Stages Of A Twitterstorm
- Tells it how it is.
(tags: twitter controversy funny storm satire)
- Age-ism, Transhumanism, and Silicon Valley’s Cognitive Dissonance — Better Humans — Medium
- “If you’re irrelevant at thirty, why live forever?”
(tags: silicon-valley ageism transhumanism aging)
- Ken Auletta: Can the Guardian Take Its Aggressive Investigations Global? : The New Yorker
- The NYT looks at the history of the Graun and its recent scoops (the NSA files). Apparently the paper is running out of money. 🙁
(tags: journalism nsa surveillance guardian edward-snowden internet gchq newspaper)
- Hard Sci-Fi Movies (HardSciFiMovies) on Twitter
- Hard SF plots from Twitter. Via AndrewDucker.
(tags: science-fiction scifi movies funny space)
- Saint Paul says shit
- Although you won’t find many English translations admitting it (try the Vulgate).
(tags: philipians paul st-paul bible language shit)
- Reverse Engineering a D-Link Backdoor – /dev/ttyS0
- Interesting post on using a disassembler to find a backdoor someone left in a bunch of D-Link routers.
(tags: dlink backdoor programming hacking router)
- Swing Dance Frame as Non-Newtonian Fluid | Jason Sager
- Neat analogy for the way some moves work by resisting impulses (so that they are transferred and provide a net impetus to the follower) but not resisting smooth movement.
(tags: lindy frame fluid lindyhop dance)
- A quine (program that produces its own source code as output) which passes through 50 programming languages along the way. Utterly barking, in a good way. Via andrewducker.
(tags: quine programming)
- Who By Very Slow Decay | Slate Star Codex
- More excellent, harrowing stuff on the standard of end of life care and relatives who won’t let go.
(tags: death poetry medicine intensive-care aging)