- Unequally Yoked: Guestblogging Challenge: Take the Ideological Turing Test!
- A suggestion: if you want to show that you understand the other side's position, test whether you can be distinguished from a genuine advocate of that position in a suitably anonymous test.
(tags: philosophy debate turing)
- Theodicy: Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
- Nice metaphor for "solutions" to the Problem of Evil.
(tags: theodicy philosophy comic religion)
- Distinguish – Butterflies and Wheels
- Ophelia Benson on the Geert Wilders thing: "Nobody should be required to love Islam."
(tags: islam geert-wilders religion)
- A field guide to bullshit – opinion – 13 June 2011 – New Scientist
- "How do people defend their beliefs in bizarre conspiracy theories or the power of crystals? Philosopher Stephen Law has tips for spotting their strategies." A bit similar to my Bad Arguments stuff: Law has "everything is based on faith" as the so-called "nuclear option". An interesting article, might buy the book he's plugging.
(tags: religion science empiricism sceptism philosophy new-age)