- Text Message | Sunday Magazine
- "FRIENDS THEY NEVER MEET: ACQUAINTANCES MADE BY THE TELEGRAPH KEY. CONFIDENCES EXCHANGED BETWEEN MEN WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN EACH OTHER — THEIR PECULIAR CONVERSATION ABBREVIATIONS." Cool steampunk stuff. Via andrewducker.
(tags: telegraph communication sms message)
- Writing Vim Plugins / Steve Losh
- What it says on the tin.
(tags: programming vim plugin development editor)
- Coming Home to Vim / Steve Losh
- Someone's page about going back to Vim, listing some config options I didn't know about.
(tags: programming tools vim editor tutorial)
- Lost Garden: Rules of Productivity Presentation
- "How do we get more work done? It is a question that every manager and every passionate worker faces. Yet, for the most part, teams operate on gut instinct and habit. The results are less than optimal. Over the years I've been collecting small pieces of research on various factors that actually seem to improve productivity. I've assembled eight of these experiments into a PowerPoint presentation. Feel free to use the graphs and data within to spread these practical ideas throughout your own teams." Via andrewducker.
(tags: psychology programming software development overtime scrum productivity)
- CPBD 089: John Shook – Dewey, Quine, and Some Varieties of Naturalism
- John Shook talks to Luke Muehlhauser about philosophical naturalism (with a transcript, for those of you who hate podcasts). Interesting to find about the various naturalistic philosophies, and to see the responses to the supernaturalist "you naturalists think everything is just atoms" argument.
(tags: philosophy naturalism science physics materialism)