Via terriem, comes the meme:
Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play.
Step 2: Pick your favourite lines from the first 25 songs that play (in my case, excluding parodies and Thundercats out-takes, oh yes).
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Update: as people seem to have run out of steam, I’ve added the answers to the ones no-one got.
<lj-cut text=”Here are the lyrics”>
1. You wave your hand and they scatter like crows, they’re nothing that’ll ever capture your heart. Downtown Train by Rod Stewart.
The sun is setting like molasses in the sky.Black Velvet by Alannah Myles. terriem
Flashback, warm nights, almost left behind.Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper. terriem
4. Pale blue eyes, same old house, no ties. When Will You (Make My Telephone Ring) by Deacon Blue.
The dizzy dancing way you feel, as every fairytale comes real Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell. terriem
6. That summer feeling, is gonna fly, always try and keep the feeling inside. Sparky’s Dream by Teenage Fanclub
All I do is kiss you through the bars of a rhyme. Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits. terriem
Too in touch with myself – I light the fuse Changingman by Paul Weller. phlebas
9. Will you marry for the money, take a lover in the afternoon? Gloria by Laura Brannigan.
Laugh at the wonder of it all, laugh so loud you break your fall Sound by James. lisekit
11. No me dejes solo con mi corazon que esta enloquecido con esta pasion Dimelo by Marc Anthony, as popularised by Dave Sheridan’s Amazing Latin CD.
And I want to wake up with the rain falling on a tin roof, while I’m safe there in your arms. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones. terriem
Eye to eye, they solemnly convene to make the scene Music to Watch Girls By by Andy Williams.
Cos your friends don’t dance and if they don’t dance, well they’re no friends of mine. Safety Dance by Men Without Hats. phlebas
Through these fields of destruction, baptisms of fire. Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. marnanel
I’d like to believe, in the terrible truth, in the beautiful lie. There Goes God by Crowded House. lisekit
17. So cool she was like jazz on a summer’s day. Valerie by Steve Winwood.
18. I dream of Michelangelo when I’m lying in my bed: little angels hang above my head and read me like an open book. Angels of the Silences by Counting Crows.
19. Fat man starts to fall. Inside by Stiltskin.
I get the same old dream, same time every night/ Fall to the ground and I wake up Since You’ve Been Gone by Rainbow. phlebas
Sail on silver girl, sail on by, your time has come to shine. Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel. terriem
The blonde waitresses take their trays, they spin around and they cross the floor Walk Like an Egyptian by the Bangles. terriem
23. And I think that I could love you ’cause you know how to be free. Walk this World by Heather Nova.
Call my name and save me from the dark Wake me up inside by Evanesence. lisekit
25. Can’t even hear ’em no more, all the voices and choices, now only one road remains, just [TITLE], two hearts, two souls, tonight, two lanes. Strangers in a Car by Marc Cohn.
Via terriem, comes the meme: