Skip to content
- Aliens and Anal Probes – Jason Colavito
- “Why it is that aliens want to probe our butts; or, more specifically, when exactly did people start claiming that aliens gave them anal probes? This may seem to be a silly question, but silly questions often end up revealing hidden layers and secrets. In this case, asking the uncomfortable question of why aliens are so interested in anal orifices reveals a fascinating story about the dark side of the alien abduction media industry and its effects on those who participate in it.”
(tags: aliens ufo anal probe)
- Baby It’s Cold Outside
- It’s not actually a song describing date rape (although it could be performed that way, I guess). ““Hey what’s in this drink” was a stock joke at the time, and the punchline was invariably that there’s actually pretty much nothing in the drink, not even a significant amount of alcohol. “
(tags: song lyrics date rape)
- Just why can’t we atheists see that religious belief is reasonable? Some religious answers
- “Why do we atheists reject religious belief, and consider it irrational? Here is a survey of some of the explanations that have been offered by the religious. They’re not good. “
(tags: atheism religion philosophy stephen-law belief rationality)
- ISIS Is Just One of a Full-Blown Global Jihadist Insurgency – The Daily Beast
- “By failing to name the ideology and isolate it from everyday Islam, we deprive these reforming voices of a lexicon, a language to deploy against those who are attempting to silence their progressive efforts within their own communities. We prevent a conversation around ending Islamism’s appeal while also reforming traditional Islam. If it has “nothing to do with Islam,” there is nothing to discuss within Islamic communities. In this way, we surrender the debate to the extremists, who meanwhile are discussing Islam with impunity.”
(tags: islam islamism religion terrorism jihad isis isil)
- What We Can Learn from the Paris Attacks (Without Ignoring the Elephant in the Room)
- Yep, this is more or less what I think.
(tags: paris terrorism islam islamism religion politics)
- Locked doors, headaches, and intellectual need | Affording Play
- You’re more likely to understand what a key is for if you’ve already encountered a locked door.
(tags: education psychology programming learning)
- Don’t Feed the Beast – the Great Tech Recruiter Infestation | mockyblog
- A fun rant against tech recruiters in the UK, who are apparently a bunch of wide-boys (or spivs, to use the old fashioned term). I haven’t used one for over ten years, so I don’t know how accurate it is, but HN’s discussion on it had some people saying it rings true.
(tags: recruiters jobs technology work)