- Twelve Hundred Ghosts – A Christmas Carol in Supercut (400 versions, plus extras) – YouTube
- YouTube supercut of a LOT of Christmas Carol versions (there’s Scrooge slash fiction? Of course there is), including the definitive Muppets version, Quantum Leap, and a bunch of over stuff.
(tags: dickens christmas supercut ghosts)
- The Secrets Of Cornwall – Part 1 – Communications – YouTube
- Blokes drive around Cornwall looking at manhole covers and work out the landing points of undersea cables, and where the GCHQ intercept points disclosed by Snowden might be.
(tags: cornwall cables telecommunications gchq internet edward-snowden porthcurno)
- Who Will Command The Robot Armies?
- Funny and worrying talk. Pinboard is always good for “Internet of shit” stories, but has a wider point here.
(tags: robots facebook twitter amazon work po politics surveillance technology automation iot)
- Ur-Fascism | by Umberto Eco | The New York Review of Books
- What are the common features of anything worth calling Fascism?
(tags: history politics fascism italy world-war-II)
- Why Stop Funding Hate deserves answers – Creative Review
- “The Stop Funding Hate campaign is gaining traction and giving brands difficult decisions to make.” If you want something you can do, this is something you can do.
(tags: daily-mail newspapers hate daily-express politics)
- Why the economy can’t explain Trump or Brexit – OpenLearn – Open University
- Authoritarian social attitudes and the rate of change of minority population in an area are better predictors of Trump/Brexit voting than poverty.
(tags: trump brexit psychology authoritarianism politics)
- Responding to Tim Keller’s “Making Sense of God” Talk
- A shorter and better version than my own rebuttal of the book the talk was based on.
(tags: tim-keller Religion philosophy Atheism)
- The President and the bomb | Restricted Data
- The US military won’t stop a president from using nuclear weapons, the system is designed to make sure they can do so, not to prevent them.
(tags: politics military nuclear president)
- Charles I, Brexit and the Royal Prerogative
- A Queen’s Counsel on recent court decision and the royal prerogative. The post has the QC who wrote it answering questions: it sounds like the Government’s referendum leaflets promised something they didn’t have the power to deliver without Parliament’s approval.
(tags: brexit law court prerogative)